Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Kombucha. Yum!

We made kombucha. We made it last Monday but you have to let
it sit for 7-10 days before it is ready to drink. We let it sit for 8 days
and it was good but it was really sweet so we will let is sit for 10
days next time. You have too have a special mushroom to make it.
Each time you make it the mushroom grows another one. We are
going to double the recipe since we have 2 mushrooms now.
We made a gallon of it per mushroom so we will make 2 gallons
because Mom, Mary, and I LOVE kombucha and 1 gallon
will not last very long:-]

4 comments:

Karmen said...

making it sounds like fun! :)
I've only had the azure kind but I like it!

Amber said...

Yum - I am going to try that soon too :-)

Anonymous said...

i like kombucha!( is that how you spell it?)
it sounds like fun to make!

Megan said...

Hey kate where did you guys get you 1 gal.
glass jars? we are l@@king for one so we can make some kombucha and have not been able to find any:( see ya sunday