Monday, March 23, 2009

Sacramento Califoria!

On Thursday afternoon, two and a half weeks ago, Dad and I were at the airport (which is about 5 min away) and had just gotten though the putting-your-things-in-bins, and taking-of-your-shoes-of security business and were waiting for the plane to come. I was so nervous! Dad was not able to book us seats together for the flights to Sacramento. We boarded the plane and Dad was able to get us seats in the back of the plane together! I was so happy:-] It was a small plane, (2 seats on each side) but it was nice. Then we took off! It was pretty cool. We flew over the city, and water, and a tall building that we drive past a lot. I only took us about an hour to get to Atlanta Georgia. We had a hour layover so it was about 5:30 Eastern when we next took off for Sacramento so it was getting dark. Here is a picture of 10000+ feet above Atlanta:-]

For the next 6 hours I looked out the window, read, listened to Mom's IPod, ate peanuts and biscoff cookies and drank water and juice, watched a movie on Dad's IPod, slept a tiny bit, and had my left ear hurt like crazy! When we landed it was about 10:30 PM Pacific time! I live in central time witch is 2 hours earlier so that makes it 12:30 my time! By the time we got of the plane, to the hotel, and in bed it was around 1:00 Central! Other than the time differences, it was REALLY fun!

2 comments:

Karmen said...

that sounds like quite a day Kate! I'm glad you had fun :)

Amber said...

Quite a long day you had :-) Cant wait to see more pics from the trip!